New Scholarship Opportunity for Our Educator Training Program!
Innovate Salon Academy is excited to announce the new scholarship offered for our Educator Training program. This program is designed for licensed cosmetologists especially our alumni to learn the skills they need to potentially become one of our very own instructors! Plus, you can apply for this exciting new scholarship any time! What’s our reason for creating this scholarship? Over the years we’ve seen so many of our own graduates go on to do some incredible things. That’s why we thought, “What if they returned to our school with all that knowledge, our culture, and passed it onto future beauty professionals?” At Innovate we are nothing if we don’t encourage the growth and success of each and every student, so we are offering this scholarship for the program in the hopes of furthering those two goals.
Educator Training Program Scholarship Availability
We are always so pleased when we can offer scholarships for our programs. This is just another way we can meet our goals for student success. We are able to offer up to $50,000 in scholarships annually to students in the enrolled in cosmetology, esthetics, barbering, and educator training program. If your dream has been to take your beauty education one step further, this scholarship could be perfect for you!
How Do I Apply?
To apply you will need to submit a short (less than two minutes) video about yourself, as well as a letter of recommendation. In the video you should answer questions such as: Why would you like to become an educator? Why do you think that professionalism is important in our industry? Where has your career in the industry has taken you? How would you make a positive impact in our students lives?
For the second part, you’ll need to submit a letter of recommendation. This should be from a previous industry-related employer, and it should be on company letterhead. It should outline your strengths and why you would be a good candidate for the scholarship. Letters can include examples of situations describing your work ethic, your people skills, your ability to multi-task or to complete job responsibilities, or attendance performance.
The rules to apply are as follows:
- This scholarship must be applied to the student’s tuition costs only.
- This scholarship is non-transferrable.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications must be submitted to The Director of Operations.
- This scholarship will be applied upon meeting SAP requirements at the 250-hour checkpoint.
- This scholarship is null and void if you fail to meet SAP requirements at 250 hours.
- There is no cash allocation for this scholarship. In the event of withdrawal or termination from the program after the scholarship has been applied to the student’s ledger, only the earned portion of the scholarship will be applied to The Academy Refund Worksheet calculation as “paid towards tuition costs”.
- “Earned portion / percentage” of the scholarship is calculated by taking the student’s actual completed hours of attendance divided by full contracted hours in course = earned percentage (%) of completion as of the time of withdrawal.
- $ amount of scholarship applied to ledger times earned portion /percentage of completion = the amount of the scholarship applied on Academy Refund Worksheet as credited toward “paid tuition”.
- Following the calculation to determine the “earned portion / percentage” of the scholarship, an adjustment to the ledger balance, if applicable, will be posted to reflect the change due to the “unearned portion / percentage” of the scholarship balance that was previously applied.
Download our Application Form Here>> Educator Training Innovate Salon Academy Scholarship
Am I Eligible?
All potential students possessing a high school diploma or GED, and a current cosmetology license in the state of New Jersey are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Each applicant may receive only one Innovate Salon Academy Scholarship award during the course / program of study.
- All scholarships awarded must be applied to tuition costs.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma, GED or state authorized high school equivalent certificate.
- Applicant must submit the requested video and a letter of recommendation as outlined below prior to class start date.
What is the Educator Training Program?
This is a training program to become licensed to instruct cosmetology students in the state of New Jersey. Once you have completed the Educator Training program and are licensed to teach in New Jersey you can select which program you’d like to teach. You can choose to teach barbering, cosmetology, or even esthetics courses. This type of program is perfect for individuals who have completed their own cosmetology training and want to then train others in the beauty industry.
The program can teach you how to transfer your beauty knowledge in a way that is easy to understand and replicate. It can teach you how to become a valuable teacher and trainer, while furthering your own skills in a way that translates to students. We want this program to equip beauty school graduates with the best ways to stay on top of the industry and then relay that information to Innovate Salon Academy’s current students. Learn more about this course here.
Think you’d be a perfect fit for this program? Apply for it!
How to Get Started
Do you think the Educator Training program is right for you? Now that you know all about our awesome new scholarship you can sign up! If you have any further questions regarding the program or about the scholarship we offer, you may contact our school. We’d love to hear from you, and we think our future students would too.