Innovate Salon Academy is Reopening Our School
We are so excited to announce that Innovate Salon Academy will be opened again during the first week of August! While we’re grateful that our students were able to continue learning what they love through online education, nothing beats seeing them learn in our salon. Of course the safety of our students and staff is always our top priority.
That means there’ll be some adjustments made to our school so we can make sure that everyone can continue doing what they love while staying healthy. We’re lucky to have an amazing community and we know our beauty family will be committed to following all the guidelines set by us and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We’ll explain all about what this means and what to expect from an education with us this fall.
How We’re Staying Safe
An important part of taking necessary precautions for COVID-19 is staying updated on the current information. All of our students and staff members will receive ongoing training provided by the CDC and local government on how to best protect each other from spreading this disease. Here are some of measures inspired from what we’ve learned that we’re implementing to ensure the safety of everyone in our school:
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask. These and face shields will be given to everyone at our school. There are no exceptions that would allow someone not to wear a mask.
- Anyone who comes into our school will have their temperature taken before entering.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and throughout our school.
- The building will be cleaned every day, especially equipment used by all our students and we encourage everyone to sanitize the space around them as much as possible.
- Our public water stations will be unavailable so everyone should bring their own bottles to stay hydrated.
- Students will be given their own beauty supplies to use to limit shared contact of equipment.
- Breaks will be staggered and everyone is encouraged to take theirs outside since our break room will be closed to maintain social distancing.
There are no exceptions to the rules listed above. We’re grateful for everyone who is willing to protect our family from the spread of this disease and help us maintain a healthy environment at our school.
What Does This Mean for My Education?
To help us keep up social distancing as best we can, our programs will move forward with a hybrid schedule of on-campus and online classes. While you are studying at our school, work stations will be socially distanced from each other and students will need to let instructors know before moving around the school.
At this time, our clinic will be closed and we won’t be allowing clients to come into our salon. Students will need to always maintain social distancing so the practical section of your education will have you practicing what you’ve learned on mannequins.
If you’re scheduled to come to our school but are feeling unwell, please let us know and stay home. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees is not allowed in our school and we ask that you stay home even if you don’t have a fever.
How Can I Protect Myself and Those Around Me?
Innovate Salon Academy is staying updated on what the best ways are to help everyone stay healthy. A big way to do that is to wear a mask, which is required for students and staff members but that’s not the only one. Here are other precautions you can do that we’re encouraging all our students to follow:
- Stay socially distanced from everyone, even during your breaks.
- Wash your hands constantly for at least 20 seconds throughout the day with our hand sanitizing stations.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow or in a tissue that is thrown away after.
Ask Us Your Questions
If you have any more questions about starting an education at Innovate Salon Academy this fall, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is happy to help anyone who wants to know more about how we’re committed to helping our students and staff, especially those more at risk. We can’t wait to see everyone at our school again!